- Elder Law
- Veterans Benefits
- Estate Planning
- Asset Protection
- Medicaid Planning
- Disability Benefits
I began my journey into Elder Law when I worked in skilled nursing facilities. I served on the committee which resulted in the creation of the Elder Justice Center an advocacy arm of the Circuit Court focused on assisting vulnerable adults and frail elders to have access to the courts. The Elder Justice Center remains one of only a few established nationally.
Shortly after leaving the nursing home world I ventured into care management and legal guardianship of adults. I discovered that there was a large population of individuals who were medicaid eligible so their funds were obligated to their residential facilities for their care rendering them unable to pay for guardian fees or attorney fees. As a result I founded and created Aging Solutions, Inc to serve those individuals. Aging Solutions, Inc has been appointed by the Chief Judge of the Judicial Circuit, the Chief Judge of the supreme court and The Department of Elder Affairs to serve as The Office of The Public Guardian for five counties in Florida starting in 2002. Aging Solutions, Inc Office of the Public Guardian will remain my dedicated cause and my way of giving back to our community.
I decided to branch out and use the knowledge I have obtained to help families navigate the maze of advance planning, establishing trusts, asset protection and utilizing tools to avoid needing court ordered guardianships. Through the years I have worked closely with the Veterans Association as an advocate, performing guardianships and as a fiduciary for veterans in need.
My firm focuses on Wills, Trusts, VA fiduciary and benefits, Asset protection and Medicaid Planning, Estate planning and of course guardianships when lesser restrictive alternatives are not available.
- Western Michigan University, Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Riverview, Florida
- Eckerd College, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Major: Business Administration
- Professional Guardianship Training Course, DOEA
- Cognitive Assessments, Elder Law Concert, CLE
- Advance Directives and Alternatives, Case Management Association
- Sensitivity Awareness, Florida Medical Quality Assurance
- Public Guardianship v Professional Guardianship, RPPTL Section FL Bar, CLE
- Aging Solutions, Inc., 2002 to Present
- Wills for Heroes, 2013 to 2014
- F.S. 744.309(7)
- Florida State Professional Guardianship Training Manual, The Department of Elder Affairs
- Florida Public Guardianship Coalition, President
- CEO AA&R and ASI
- Aging Solutions, Inc, CEO, President, 2002-Present
- Adult Advocacy & Representation Inc, CEO, Owner, 2008-Present
- Paul Wooten
- David Nielson
- Michael Coffey
- Lisa Butash